A friendly place to come and chat about your favourite four legged friends!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

missing the horses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jen

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: missing the horses   Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 pm

hi everyone!! im jen mum to Kiera aged 16 months, no horses!! im feeling really down today. im really mising being around horses. just reading a horse mag has made me itch to ride. there was an article in there about monty roberts tour. asked my mate if she wanted to come but shes not interested. she used to be horse mad but now more baby orientated. so my other half said he would come with me - not the same though if u know what i mean!!
i was offered a weekend job at local yard but not been able to get in touch to sort it out. if anyone lives in or around rickmansworth herts and has horse work available- even if just work for rides please help!!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beany

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:46 am

You poor thing. Crying or Very sad Sounds like you are having a bad day. I don't live around your way otherwise I would have come to see Monty Robets with you. I think he is amazing. Also there is loads of grooms needed round this area but its abit to far to travel. Have you looked in the horse and hound, they usually have a good selection of jobs. Also the local paper in the horse and pony section, we always have groom jobs advertised in there.
I hope you find something soon, why not ask at the local riding stables if you can help out at the weekends for a free ride, you never know it might work. Good luck
Sending horsey hugs
Karina xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm

aww i know what you mean, i feel exactly the same.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stabletalk.goodbb.net
jen

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:51 pm

hi people.
thanks for your advice Karina. i look in the horse and hound every week but only local jobs are full time live in positions. no good for people with a baby, a fella, a dog and 3 cats!! There doesnt seem to be alot round here for horsey people, a few riding schools but they are pretty basic and not much else. where i used to live was very horsey plus i used to know everyone so could always find someone who had something i could ride!!
Have you guys heard about the pageant taking place in london in june? its celebrating the history of the horsegaurds and is meant to have some great displays and even one involving a camel and a horse, which apparently they dont get on!! anyway other half has promised to book tickets as its our anniversary in June so im looking forward to that!
Anyway I better go
Bye people coolpony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Wow that sounds great!
Might have to look into that, is there a web site about it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stabletalk.goodbb.net
jen

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:35 pm

no website specifically but you can book tickets on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or phone 0870 4000848 the artical is in last thurs horse and hound which should still be in the shops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jen

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 am

IMback with the horses yay!! Working weekends at a hunting / livery / riding school yard. Its great!! Its strange how you feel like youve never been away andive not worked with horses for two years. My partner cameto pick me up with my little girl and she loved it!! She can even do rising trot and shes 17 months old lol!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: missing the horses   

Back to top Go down

missing the horses
Page 1 of 1